Sweet Potato and Pesto Salad
This delicious salad is so perfect for big summer lunches or dinners and everyone will enjoy it. It is so simple yet such a winner!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into small wedges
- Salt and pepper to serve
- 2 cups well-packed cups of basil leaves
- 2-4 garlic cloves (depending on how garlic-y you like it!)
- 40 g pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray. Cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm chunks and place on the baking tray along with the red onion. Spray with coconut oil or olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- To make the pesto, blend everything together in a food processor until creamy and smooth.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, place it in a bowl with the onion, spring onion and pesto and toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve!