Coconut oil is amazing for its antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral benefits as it contains lauric acid which helps fight bad bacteria in your gut. Additionally, it increases your metabolism because the Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs) are sent straight to your liver to then be converted into energy.
Black Sesame seeds are great for your period! According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, black foods like black tahini, black sesame seeds and seaweed can help your fertility because it nourishes the kidneys and conserves ‘jing’ or life force energy. Depleted Jing can cause dysfunction in vitality, fertility, immunity, graceful ageing and hormonal function.
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- A sprinkle of black sea salt
- Using a BBQ hot plate or a stove top grill pan, melt the coconut oil over high heat.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes on high to char and then turn to medium heat.
- Add the sesame seeds over the broccoli and the black salt and mix to combine. Cook for another 4 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender when tested with a knife. You want the broccoli to be bright green and tender, not overcooked and soft.
Featured first in Yoga213's blog