Japanese Inspired Breakfast Bowl
This delicious Japanese inspired breakfast bowl serves as a delicious lunch and dinner too. It is packed full of different flavours and textures, making it a fun meal to eat! Not only is it healthy and delicious but it is fun to plate up! One of the most important things for our digestive system is engaging in the full cooking process and that includes plating up the delicious food that you’ve just been cooking!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 bunch of kale, leaves removed
- 1 bunch of broccolini, thinly sliced in half
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1/2 an avocado, cut in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 nori sheet, cut into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup fermented vegetables
- 1 cooked beetroot (I just bought the cooked ones from the fridge section in the veggie area at the supermarket)
- 2 Tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds + 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- Lemon wedge to serve
- In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil. Fry the broccoli and broccolini for 5 minutes and then add the kale and cook for another 2-4 minutes. Set aside
- To make the beet hummus, place everything into a mini food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Then smear half into the side of each bowl.
- To make the poached eggs, bring a pot of water to the boil and add in about 1/4 cup white vinegar. Once bubbling, crack in 2 eggs and cook for 2 – 2.5 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside
- To serve, place half the greens in each of the bowls and top with the radishes.
- In a small bowl, place the black and white sesame seeds and mix them together. Then dip the ends of the quarters of avocado into it and place each quarter in each bowl. Serve with a poached egg each, fermented vegetables and the cut up nori sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a lemon wedge.