Pistashio Crusted Chicken
Pistachios are super high in Vitamin B6 which is great for energy as well as Thiamine which plays an important role in the production of red blood cells, which are used for ongoing energy. This crunchy chicken number will totally out-do your taste buds as the chicken stays super juicy and there is all sorts of crunchiness that will just have you dying over each mouthful.
- 1 cup activated pistachios
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray. Place a wire rack onto the tray to stop the chicken sitting on the tray. This prevents the bottom of the chicken from going soggy.
- Using a meat tenderizer, tenderise the chicken thighs until they are even thickness at about 1cm.
- Blitz the nuts and garlic in a food processor until they are chopped up and starting to look like a crumb. (I like to leave mine a little chunky though)
- Place the nuts and garlic in one bowl and have the beaten egg in another bowl
- Dip the chicken thighs into the egg and then into the pistachios and place onto the wire rack which is sitting on the baking tray. Spray with coconut or olive oil. Repeat for the other chicken thigh and then cook for 30 minutes.